My Thanksgiving 2008
Colossians 3:15-17 (New King James Version)
15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful. 16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. 17 And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.
Thank you, Stuart, for calling me this morning with this Scripture. It Blessed me beyond measure.
I reviewed the Thanksgiving message that email out to everyone last year. Boy, I've grown a lot in the Lord this year. Reflection is a theme of this Holiday, a Holy day.
Juan invited to come to be with him and his family today. My heart aches because I wish could be in with everyone today. Juan and I share in our struggles with employment.
I am remembering passed Thanksgiving Holidays with my Mother and my older sister Beth. In 1985 Beth over did the festivities of the meal because of the recent passing of Mom. Dad had a big project to do because the oven had be replaced to make the event happen. Dad always comes through. As for me that year I was in so much pain in secret, almost like quiet desperation. Remembering the pass reminds me on my Love today.
Its going to me to be hard to call my niece, Marissa and and my nephew, Stone, today. I'm holding back tears because so much miss my sister Beth around the Holidays.
I wish I could be with my Dad and my brother, Michael, in Florida today. However, duty calls tomorrow. I should be grateful for a little work even though I know testing coming soon.
I hope to call my sister, Cheryl, and her husband Lee in South Jersey to remind them of the reason for the season. I'm sure they will cringe inside, its my little tradition with her. I love my little sister and so does Jesus Christ, the Lord of the Universe.
To all my cousins, aunts and uncles out there I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving today. Check out my family photos online: http://picasaweb.google.com/kingdan.610 . Let's get together sometime soon.
The Philadelphia Eagles is such a love/hate relationship. Andy Ried screwed up McNabb's head. What happen to running quarterback that I loved to watch? Andy is eating too many Tastycakes and Cheese Steaks! Then that bum Jeffery Lurie goes and invites stinking Joe Biden into the owner's box. The bums!!! Green and Silver forever, but I want change now! Well there's always next year. Ok I feel better now.
Well, going to eat some fowl bird now. What turkey am I.
God Bless you all today and Happy Thanksgiving.
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment