The Bible says in the last days men will become unthankful and brutal. (2 Timothy 3:1-9) As you look around the world have you seen this? Perhaps, today you may see some of this even in your own heart. If so, please allow me to exhort you with a simple message. Thankfulness is a way of life.
We all suffer in this world. In fact, I guarantee with 100% certainty that some day somehow someone is going throw us all into hole. Perhaps, you are in a hole right now. If so, please listen to this, with an attitude of gratitude we can find joy. Be thankful today as if it is your last day on this brutal world.
Why should we be thankful in this brutal world? Well, in rare times there are brothers like me whom are willing get into the Hole with us. I say it is "rare" because let me be brutal honest with you; sometimes I am unwilling to get into your hole with you. But, are you willing to get dirty for the Lord? So here's how it go. I jump down in the hole with you and yell, "Dude, put down that shovel! Let me show you the way out of here. Stop looking down and look up!"
Have you ever crawled out a hole? Did someone show you the way out? I suggest to you the best to show gratitude is to be willing jump into someone else's hole and get a little dirty. All the Lord requires of us is a willing heart. He will give us the strength to endure in this brutal world.
How thankful are you today? My brutality is I am forced to confess I am not grateful enough.
Genesis 37:22-24 (NKJV)
"22 And Reuben said to them, "Shed no blood, but cast him into this pit which is in the wilderness, and do not lay a hand on him"—that he might deliver him out of their hands, and bring him back to his father.
23 So it came to pass, when Joseph had come to his brothers, that they stripped Joseph of his tunic, the tunic of many colors that was on him. 24 Then they took him and cast him into a pit. And the pit was empty; there was no water in it."
I think Joseph in spite his brutal brothers that he had joy in that hole. I think Reuben had a little thankfulness in his heart. Joseph had the Living water because of one willing brother.
Blessings,

No comments:
Post a Comment