Gentlemen,
In my devotions today I was impacted through a Scripture verse, 2 Thessalonians 3:5. As we venture into the exploring for the hidden desires of a man's heart, consider this, "Now may the Lord direct your hearts into…" My struggle is confusing the emotions/feelings with my heart's desire. Here Paul, a man's man, exhorts us to choose this "now." We may allow the Lord to "direct" us. Therefore the desires of our heart are given by the Lord and our emotions/feelings flows from our hearts as a result. Now we are embraced the "love" and "patience" of our Lord as He expresses them. Consider also 1 Chronicles 29:18, "O Lord God of Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, our fathers, keep this forever in the intent of the thoughts of the heart of Your people, and fix their heart towards You. We have a choice. As we express our next emotions, could they be from a hidden desire in our masculine hearts?
If choose to continue reading in 2 Thessalonians 3, Paul give us some specific direction on how we should walk. This walk is easier to take when a man has found the desires of his heart. Agree? Amen!
[I was lead to this Scripture from our church bulletin readings, "Journey Through the Bible 2006 – Week 86." I decide to continue reading forward and I have no regrets.]

No comments:
Post a Comment