Friday, May 27, 2005

Prayer Partners update 5/27/05 (cc)

Dear Prayer Partners,

I have some news. However please understand when the Lord moves He only means it for His good even if I am struggling with this news. After some prayerful reflection, I now see the Lord’s hand moving me to the next chapter. I have been doing a lot of reflecting lately because June 10th would have been one year as a volunteer to JAARS. I will be ending my affiliation as a volunteer.

I want to express my heart felt gratitude to the fellowship of friends at JAARS, for all of their emotional and spiritual support this year. I believe I have made some deep and life-long friendships there. Bonds like these will not be broken just because the Lord has called me to another ministry. Before arriving at JAARS, I prayed, “Lord, use JAARS to grow me.” The fellowship at JAARS helped me through many growing experiences. For that I want to give the glory to God and say to them personally, thank you.

I want to express my thanks to my roommates, Frank Hawfield, Duke Simpson, and Glenn Blauser. My roommates gave me the support that was well beyond the call of duty. My ministry at JAARS may not have been possible without their help to me in many ways. I will be making decisions about relocating shortly.

I want to express my heart felt gratitude to my home church in New Jersey and my local church in Charlotte. They have taught me in tangible ways how the grace of God can embrace your walk with the Lord. We are so focused on prayer that His grace is evident in our lives.

K.P. Yohannan of GFA (Gospel For Asia) spoke on the topic of brokenness at the conference in Maryland on Tuesday afternoon. Click here: http://www.gfa.org/gfa/aboutkp I learned a great lesson about failure in ministry from his message. Failure can be the best vessel for the Lord to lead us to brokenness; and the Lord can use my brokenness to build His kingdom. My lack of focus on my assigned role, and spending time on what JAARS perceived as my personal or outside agenda were reasons given for terminating my work at JAARS. Yet my failure and brokenness may be used to His glory. I have no regrets because I made a contribution. I believe this year has been one of preparedness for greater service to build the Kingdom.

What is the next chapter? The Lord has given me some small hints. My pastor is suggesting a time of tent building. My primary supporter (prayer partner) is suggesting giving a greater priority to the completion of my Masters degree. Other ministry opportunities will always be there especially, at my church. On a personal level, Daryl Beltz, the Director of JAARS Public Relations, has invited me to participate in future Short Term Mission Trips with JAARS. If you care to support me financial on these trips then you may still send donations, please see below. My heart is still for Bible Translation as confirmed by the Lord on the last trip. I will be wrapping up loose ends at JAARS quickly. Please pray for my new direction.

I want to give a special word of thanks for all my Prayer Partners and for this year of encouragement and support. Your prayers made the Lord’s will in my ministry visible and obtainable.

In blood of our Lord, Jesus Christ,

Daniel K. “Dan” King

Speeding Bible Translation

___________________________________________

To join this life-changing partnership in my ministry with Wycliffe Associates as a financial partner chose a Monthly, Quarterly, Yearly or Other amount. For financial gifts, please sent to the address below and on memo line include: Funding Code 8160

Make checks payable to:

Wycliffe Associates

PO Box 2000

Orange, CA 92859

Fund Code 8160 should be written on the memo line (my name should NOT be written there). A note indicating that the check is for the ministry of Dan King would be a good idea. The name and address of the donor should be included if it is not on the check. The donor will receive a tax-deductible receipt within a few days of the gift.

No comments: